From it’s humble beginnings back in 1951, The Mount Martha Fire Brigade has developed into a thriving volunteer brigade.

Today, the brigade has a list of over 80 members. 40% of which are active fire-fighters. The other 60% is made up of non-operational members, members of the Brigade Support Team (B.S.T) and Junior Volunteers aged 11-16 years.

Mount Martha Fire Brigade have a mutual aid practise where the brigade supports it’s neighbouring brigades of Mornington, Dromana and Moorooduc and in turn receive support from these brigades. The brigade belongs to the Peninsula Group based in Rosebud along with the Dromana, Rosebud, Rye, Sorrento, Main Ridge, Boneo and Flinders brigades and often make up strike teams with these brigades.

The Mount Martha Fire Brigade has four vehicles which consist of a Tanker, a Pumper, a Lighting and Salvage Unit and a Forward Command Vehicle – please refer to our appliances page for detailed information on these units.

On average the brigade attends around 200 calls for assistance every year and is equipped to deal with a variety of incidents including but not limited to grass and scrub fires, structural fires and motor vehicle accidents (MVA).

The brigade is heavily involved in the local community and regularly takes part in events such as the Good Friday Appeal, Australia Day celebrations, educating the community and school programs.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

EMERGENCY CALL
error: